16 February, 2008

Observations of a Trip 2

1. A large coffee in Honduras is about as big as a sippy cup.

2. Ordering a Diet Coke in Central America is not the most masculine thing I can do -- so I'm told.

3. I signed 50 certificates with my 'quick signature'. Someone pointed out that it looked like a child holding a pen incorrectly wrote it.

4. How fun do you think this game is? Guess where John’s name is from. Them: Russian? German? Me: No, it’s Polish. Them: Oooh, you are Polacco. (forced smile)

5. Someone told me today they will never forget my name because of the movie Monsters Inc. Who can explain this reference??


6. If you are passenger in car here, you will feel fear at some point from the stop sign you just ran through or the car that nearly hit you. But do not complain or state this feeling or you will incite the anger of the driver, which is a worse fate.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Dude, ordering a Diet Coke anywhere isn't masculine.

15:45  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh yes, I think the person is confusing "Monster's Inc." with "Honey I Shrunk the Kids" (and at that point, also confusing Trzcinski with Wayne Szalinski). It's tough to be Polish.

15:48  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't take any guff for being Polish John! We Poles must stick together! Is it me or are Latin American's WAY more critical than I imagined them to be? Hmm. And they are obsessed with masculinity it appears...what's up with that? Maybe you can tell them that their coffee cups are girly.

12:14  
Blogger Vince Garvey said...

maybe they were thinking mike wizowski...he was the little green guy with one big eye. not really that close to trzcinski but thats my guess

09:55  

Post a Comment

<< Home