13 February, 2008

Observations of a Trip

Day 2 into my trip to Honduras:

1. American mission teams should NOT wear matching t-shirts with a list of Central America countries they've 'reached' before. Tacky.

2. I've written my birth date on at least five documents...who needs to know this information??

3. When people hear my last name, sometimes they refer to me as Mr. John.

4. 'What do you think on my jefe (boss)?" --sometimes people ask a group of people questions about me with me standing right there.

5. In general, my friends here would rather eat at Tony Roma's: The Place for Ribs.

6. You know that game, Simon sez? Here, it's called "Juan sez." seriously. someone thought it would be cute if i played juan with a group of 50 teachers. i made them do jumping jacks.

7. Sometimes when I am in a group of people, my translator will declare aloud, "Juan will practice his Spanish now.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, I am busting up. Great to hear things are going so well though in the email you sent to Jim.

11:55  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm laughing too! Nothing witty to add, although I can imagine you explaining all of these stories.

I thought it was Simon Says! Sez?!?! Really?

17:34  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Juan will practice his Spanish now." Jajajajaja!

09:41  

Post a Comment

<< Home