06 October, 2007

Home Remedies

I got sick in Guatemala. As if that wasn´t uncomfortable enough, i was exposed to a host of home remedies by my house mother to help me feel better. There´s been a lot of mothering going on.

1. first i was given a green liquid that had mint and other green things in it. Not bad actually. Tastes like mouthwash.

2. a half gallon of the residual water that rice had been soaking in. Yech.

3. on the way to see the doctor, I was rushed back in the house to put a jacket on. It´s 80 degress and now I´m sweating.

We finally did seek professional medical help to the tune of $27, and the medicine $10, thank you very much. Since then, the whole house has been put on a mandatory vegetarian diet. Anibal, the husband, keeps looking at me with those pleading eyes, "Get better, please!"

Suffice it to say, I´m pretty much back to normal. Let´s eat some meat!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hang on...Anibal is a male's name?

I'm glad you're feeling better. Sounds like the dirty rice water worked.

16:38  

Post a Comment

<< Home