06 December, 2006

Whoops!

I had a tug-of-war with the cup bearer during communion Sunday. I walked up with my bread and grabbed the cup of wine. He tugged back. Then I tugged. Then he tugged. So, I shrugged, put my hands behind my back, and put my lips to the cup -- where he began to feed me the wine. I thought this seemed a little strange, so I sort of snorted and blew wine up in my face.

When I walked away, I looked around and saw the rest of the church dip
their bread in the cup.

Whoops!

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

That's hysterical. But it also sounds disgusting. I hate soggy bread.

At my church (and Rachel can testify if she reads this), our friend had a fight with the communion tray. The first three cups he tried to pull out all got stuck and he broke the 4th. Quite entertaining to watch.

22:32  
Blogger Nathan said...

I must have visited the same church this past Sunday. Fortunately for me, I was paying attention so I could fit in with the crowd. Still, as I dipped my bread into the cup, I wondered to myself what would happen if anyone ever tried to drink directly from it. Thanks for researching that one for me.

22:45  
Blogger Brent and Abigail said...

Thats really funny John! It's great to see another blogger making good use of his site!

11:32  
Blogger Jon said...

man i am soooo glad no one was around when i read this post. you had me laughing uncontrollably.

18:55  
Blogger Unknown said...

I got a phone call tonight saying, "I LOVED your communion cup blog!" Actually, the person said "Chalice blog." I had to ask, "What's a chalice?" It was a long conversation.

The moral of the story is that I got credit for your funny blog. Which I find quite amusing.

22:19  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

first of all, john, that is hilarious. something i might even pay a small amount of money to see.

and yes, i can testify to karin's story. that was amazing. best communion cup fight i've ever seen...

16:47  

Post a Comment

<< Home