06 April, 2006

Story

This actually happened to me.

At the beginning of the week, a friend invited me and another friend over for dinner for that Saturday. About mid-week, I received a call to make sure all was well and that I would, in fact, be coming (yes). The day of, at about noon, I received a call asking if I had any chicken (yes), and would I bring it (yes). A few hours later, I received a call asking if I had rice (yes) and garlic (yes) and would I bring it (yes) (yes). Oh, and would I mind picking up some Cayenne Pepper at the store on the way over (hpf, yeeess). When I arrived at invitees home with said goods, I was asked if I would help out in food preparation (uhh, yes). About mid preparation, I was asked if I would cook the food, since I'm 'such a good chef' (silence ...yes).

Oh, and I didn't mention that the other friend came late and received no such calls. lol

So, my question to you is: what's the moral of the story here (be kind)?

PS: Lest you think I'm holding a grudge, my friend and I talked and all is well now.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

So what I'm hearing is.....You cook!

Did you know I like to clean?

Such possibilities...

11:37  
Blogger - john said...

I'm glad you didn't say I'm a total tool! lol

11:41  

Post a Comment

<< Home