04 April, 2006

Maximizers

Sometimes when I meet with my boss, he likes to 'check-in' on how I'm doing in other areas of my life - i.e. non-work areas. He tells me how he's doing too, like how many times he worked out last week. Ok, maybe I didn't need to know that, but it is pretty cool that he has goals and he's working toward meeting them. I have trouble making plans for the weekend, so clearly this couldn't hurt.

A friend asked me recently for the guidlines my boss uses (which he pillaged from Ron Jensens's Maximizers), and it seemed like a great idea to pass on to you as well.

Start by making three reasonable goals in each of these areas.

Faith, Family, Fitness, Fun, Firm(your job), Finances, Friends

Review them weekly or bi-weekly with someone to see how you're doing. Adjust them bi-annually. Don't skip the step of bringing someone into your goals. It's part of taking a risk and being a dude.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

If I counted right, this Jensen character wants us to make TWENTY-ONE new goals! Twenty-one! Are ya kiddin me?!?

He's like a new years resolution nazi.

21:14  

Post a Comment

<< Home