03 April, 2006

Saturday


Saturday, I volunteered to work in the Kids Area of the Luis Palau Orlando Festival. I picked the inflatable castle - giant and tall - mostly because it had the best shade and Saturday was hot. It was a good day...and then there was the ocassional kid or two that would not leave...lol "Time's up buddy, let's go," I'd say. They'd bounce up and down as if they didn't hear me. It's pretty funny watching parents trying to lure their kid out of a bounce house. I watched them use all their tricks...."Bye, we're leaving", they'd say. Some bouncing kids seemed to say "Fine, go." Another parent would speak in staccato, "Em.i.ly Grace...you come here...NOW." No movement from the kid...just watching helpless mom or dad talk to them through the small opening. I must say, it was one of the more enjoyable things to watch that day.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Ironically, I manned (er...womaned?) a Bounce House too this weekend! Except it was for my nephew's 5 year old bday party. And (i'm really not making this up!)but my yet-to-be born neice is going to be named Emily Grace.

spooky.

11:34  
Blogger petagator said...

Filthy hobbits. They should know when it's time to leave...though I have pulled the same trick :)

11:43  

Post a Comment

<< Home