23 April, 2006

Don't See...

American Dreamz. It has to be the worst movie of the year. If you want to know why, I will now give you parts of the uninteresting and somewhat offensive sub-plot:

In this take-off of American Idol,

1. The President of the United States sounds like George Bush and is a bumbling idot.
2. The President's wife tries to convince him to take his 'happy pills'.
3. A Dick Cheney look-a-like tells the president what to say through an ear piece.
4. Mandy Moore's character tricks her ex-boyfriend, now a war vetran, into believing she still loves him to get more ratings.
5. She then sleeps with the Simon Cowell character in her dressing room before the final performance.
6. She is caught by her boyfriend who then tries to blow himself up on national tv, and succeeds, killing himself and the Simon Cowell character.
7. This frees up a space for Mandy Moore's character to host the show in the next season. (a happy ending?)

Is it just me? No. I went to this movie with my friend and his Bela-Russia wife. As we left the theater she said, I think this is not good movie. If I were American, I would be upset and embarrassed.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home