21 April, 2006

Home

My parents live near Kennett Square, PA also known as
'The Mushroom Capital of the World'. While this is a mildly interesting fact, it might further interest you to know that mushrooms grow in giant, steaming piles of doo-doo.

Not to be outdone, my parents formerly lived in the city of Wilmington, Delaware. I passed a sign today with Wilmington's motto. It said, 'Wilmington: A place to be somebody.' Nobody specific, just somebody in some city in some state. Delaware, the second smallest state after Rhode Island, calls itself the Diamond State. For years I thought we had diamonds here like South Africa. Later I learned that we call ourselves that because we're 'small, but precious'. We have another equally quirky nickname: Delaware: The Small Wonder. I do like our new motto though: 'Delaware: It's Good Being First.'

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

WARNING: this comment does NOT relate to the above post.

However, it DOES relate to the fact that I have mysteriously lost my title of "Theologian." Don't think that this take-back of the award escaped my eyes, no matter how cataracted they may be.

Again, I'm watching you.

14:36  

Post a Comment

<< Home